Thursday, September 30, 2010

KAL starts tomorrow!

The Sock Knit Along starts tomorrow on Ravelry! Although most of the participants will be doing the Ploughed Acre Socks from Knit Green, I am going to do Mary Jane Socks from Fiber Gathering. I even got the skein of yarn all ready in a ball to start knitting right away on October 1. (For those that know me, yes, that yarn has purple, green, blue, black, and even a bit of white in it. Perfect to match nearly everything in my wardrobe.)

The hole across the street that used to be a house? Today they poured concrete for the new building's foundation. I could watch the process from my office. After the truck left, the workers walked the top of the wooden shell, carefully smoothing out the concrete at the top.
It's hard to see here through the trees but it was quite an interesting thing to watch. I'm sorry I didn't catch a photo of the enormous yellow crane thing they used to shoot the concrete into the wooden foundation molds...every time I got up from my loom (I wove today) I watched the action! Despite these photos, it was a very sunny day today. I shot these through a window, and the window itself is, well, a bit cloudy.

It's been a quiet but very joyful day here. Lots of sunlight and a breeze to dry some laundry outdoors on the clothes line, some dog cuddles, and I wove about half a rug. Tonight is the first weaving guild meeting of the year, too.
Tomorrow, I get to start my first KAL with friends and I have plenty of time to knit tomorrow for starters! What could be better?
(Mint chocolate chip ice cream with fudge sauce? World peace? A self-cleaning house?)

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger abeautifullife said...

I'm going to knit the Mary Jane socks too! I'm all ready to begin and excited for my soon-to-be new pair of socks!

September 30, 2010 at 6:32 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

The self-cleaning house! I'm checking out the KAL. Thought I wouldn't do it because life is so hectic right now, but...i've been enjoying your blog and feel it's a way to say thank you! And work on my sock-knitting speed which is slow.

October 1, 2010 at 3:37 PM  
Blogger ilana said...

i feel nearly everything can be improved with ice cream. wouldn't it be great if we could achieve world peace through ice cream...i think a new non profit has just been born!

October 2, 2010 at 4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home