Friday, September 18, 2009

Newsletter update


We interrupt this programming...

I recently sent out an email newsletter to people who've signed up on my website and wanted to update my blog readers as well! I promise that there will be one more Crete post, likely sometime next week. In the meanwhile, I'm off to celebrate Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year. I likely won't be checking in until Monday or so. Wishing you a sweet and happy 5770!

And now...the newsletter:

There’s big news from Joanne Seiff!

My new book, Knit Green:20 Projects & Ideas for Sustainability, will be available at the beginning of October! I am so excited to see this published! Knit Green is about sustainability in ways that knitters will enjoy and I’ve designed over 20 knitting designs that support these eco-friendly ideas. Also note: If you’re not a knitter but you wear clothing, you’ll find lots of useful information about sustainability and textiles in this book.

A variety of exciting events are coming up… Please join me and I’ll sign your books, too!
September 26 & 27
Join me at the Wolseley Wardrobe Fall Retreat at Delta Marsh in Manitoba! I’ll be giving a talk about Fiber Gathering and a class about knitting sustainably. Check out the Wolseley Wardrobe website: http://www.wolseleywardrobe.com/ for details.

October 12
Spend Columbus Day (or Canadian Thanksgiving) with me at Nature’s Yarns in Fairfax Virginia. I’ll be teaching Taking Spinning Back to the Basics and a class based on my new book called Knit Green. Please contact the store http://www.naturesyarnsinc.com/contact.html for more information and to sign up!

October 18
Going to Rhinebeck? That is, the New York State Sheep & Wool Festival? http://www.sheepandwool.com/ Me too! Please join me at Building B for the Authors Book Signing from 10AM-12PM. I’ll sign your book and hope for a chance for a chat. I can’t wait to see you there!

Finally, there’s the news about me. I now live in Winnipeg! That’s in the province of Manitoba, in Canada…and I’m thrilled to be here out on the prairie. My email and website contacts are still the same, but now, I’m writing and designing in a fabulous new place. If you happen to be visiting Winnipeg, drop me a line—I’d love to see you!

Thanks so much for supporting fiber arts, the festival community, and me. I appreciate it and hope you enjoy both of my books!
Joanne Seiff
http://www.joanneseiff.com/

Labels: , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Donna D said...

Congratulations! I don't think I'll ever get to Rhinebeck, since I usually stay home from Oct to Dec every year. But damn, I would love to be there!

September 18, 2009 at 12:31 PM  
Blogger Willow said...

Hurray for the new book!

My sil says that Oregon's Flock and Fiber Fest is happening this month. I wish I could be there too!

September 18, 2009 at 1:05 PM  
Blogger knitalot3 said...

Congratulations!!!

Happy Holiday!

LisaK

September 18, 2009 at 5:24 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

Happy New Year!

--AlisonH at spindyeknit.com

September 18, 2009 at 8:03 PM  
Blogger Ali P said...

Love Rhinebeck! Will be there and maybe will see you!

September 19, 2009 at 12:41 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

May 5770 be your best yet. Peace.

September 20, 2009 at 1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home