Thursday, April 16, 2009

Winners

Before I say anything else, I've got to mention that there is still one outstanding pile of "well-traveled" yarn around here. Poor Mickey, I'm sorry, I never heard from you so we are trying this again. I returned to Random.org, and k8lh, you are a winner! The best of this is I think I know how to reach you (I know k8lh in real life!) so this should be easy this time. K8lh, darling, can you drop me a line? If I don't hear from you in a day or two, I'll be bugging you!

Now, on to other topics...like, Have You Seen This Amazing Review?! Ok, I can't lie, when I woke up this morning and saw all the emails, I thought, "uh oh. They've found me out. There are a lot of emails here. What did I do wrong? It could be bad..." But it wasn't! It was all wonderful stuff, congratulatory emails about this fabulous book review. I am so happy. Thank you, thank you. I'm pretty excited to know folks like the book. That much.


Yesterday I had a bit of a slow day and decided to wash some skeins of handspun I had lying around. I thought, gee, haven't been spinning much, no big deal...and then I found I was washing 7 skeins of yarn. Wow, they pile up when I'm not paying attention! Three large skeins of cream colored Romney (2 ply, lofty heavy worsted weight), 2 skeins plus a sample spindle skein of gray and brown Shetland--larger skeins spun on my great wheel (2 ply, sportweight), and one skein of 2 ply gray Romney. Yummy--and now clean--stuff!

I'm off to take a walk in the sunshine with my spring-crazed dogs and enjoy the excitement of a good review. In the meanwhile, here's a photo of a cherished young relative and the professor. They spent some time learning to catch butterflies together last weekend. (Note: the professor was the butterfly; guess who had to catch him!)

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger foodperson said...

Congrats on the review! It's a fine, fine book, and the reviewer clearly spent a lot of time with it. Hope it sells lots!

April 17, 2009 at 4:46 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

I like it when reviewer and I agree. Your book is a delight!

April 17, 2009 at 7:54 PM  
Anonymous AlisonH said...

Oh, that's a wonderful review! Congratulations, Joanne, and well deserved!

April 18, 2009 at 1:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home