Thursday, February 05, 2009

my first review!

It's always a surprise to find out that someone's been talking about me.:) My ears weren't burning. In fact, I'm often the last to know when my writing's been published or discussed...I sometimes get a copy of the publication when they pay me. It's sometimes a long wait.

In this case, a friend emailed me and said, "Hey, I was at the grocery store skimming the knit magazines, have you read this?

And no, I hadn't. I had no idea. So, even though my book won't be out until mid-March, Fiber Gathering is already being reviewed! Since we got the magazine while visiting family, the professor proudly read the review out loud so that my parents and grandmother could all enjoy it. My favorite part? "The photography is terrific." (That's the professor's photography! I'm so pleased about it! I beamed with pride.)

So, check out this issue of Knit N'Style. They seem to be very nice folks. (at least when it comes to my book!)
PS: Just opened up a file from the book to check something and saw a typo. It's not a knitting pattern typo, it's a mis-spelling of the book's title. AHHH! Well, it's good to know that nothing is perfect. I need to remember that...

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Willow said...

Hurray for you! I'll look for it!

February 5, 2009 at 10:11 AM  
Blogger Mary G said...

Congrats! That is such a wonderful feeling ... only topped by passing a stack of books with your name on the cover ... that's great!

Blessings and continued good health!

February 5, 2009 at 10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the review. I will check it out today. I haven't gotten my copy yet, but I guess they send the early copies to reviewers, which is great.

Don't look inside your book and actually read the text. hahah. It will just give you agida. I only look in mine if a reader has a question.

I am doing an audio book version of Arctic Lace later this year and will no doubt find things I would change as I am reading the text. I have to decide if I want to read it exactly as published or with changes. I've had audio books that do both.

February 5, 2009 at 11:12 AM  
Blogger cyndy said...

What a nice review!

Congratulations!! And kudoos to the professor too!! You obviously make a fine team ;-)

February 5, 2009 at 7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, excellent! And lucky you; you have a publisher that's really doing its job! Hooray, and many happy reviews!

February 5, 2009 at 7:25 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Hooray!

February 5, 2009 at 11:30 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Terrific!! Just the first of many for you, I am sure.
I'll make a trip to town tomorrow to see if I can find a copy.

February 5, 2009 at 11:32 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

Congratulations... to both of you! As Donna says, though: don't re-read your book unless you have to. It can be painful :-)

February 8, 2009 at 4:56 AM  
Blogger Romi said...

So cool! I can't wait to see it. :)

February 8, 2009 at 10:11 AM  
Blogger CP Warner said...

Just ordered my copy from Amazon, Joanne! Can't wait to get it!

Paula, aka mad angel

March 8, 2009 at 6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home