Sunday, October 12, 2008

Life sure interrupts the program.

The good news is that my sister-in-law is healing nicely, and my new infant nephew is alive. The bad news is that due to some pretty scary complications in childbirth, they are in different hospitals in the D.C. area. My new nephew is in a very good neo-natal intensive care unit at Georgetown Hospital. (He lacked oxygen for a few minutes and has had some seizures.)

As you might imagine, news about yarn can wait a day or two. At the moment, all hands are on deck in Northern Virginia, and luckily, everyone who lives close by is helping at the hospitals, with my two year old nephew, and taking care of the rest of my family.

I am, in the terms of the organizational genius who is my mom, "the second shift." I'll be heading east from Kentucky to help out when everyone is (hopefully) home from the hospital...to cook meals, take my older nephew to nursery school, etc.

In the meanwhile, I'd like to ask if you, in my special cyber community, could send prayers, good vibes, or your strong thoughts and white light in the direction of Northern Virginia. One baby and his mom sure need it right now. If such things work, I'll be very grateful for your help, friends. Thanks.

14 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

In all the dishevel, don't forget your camera and necessary accessories. Prayers coming indeed...and I trust you'll be the first to put knitting needles in his hands and snap the picture for the baby book and blog.

October 12, 2008 at 12:58 PM  
Blogger Lorajean Kelley said...

I'm sure everything will be just great. Babies are amazing beings and very resilient! Seizures sometimes happen from a lack of salt in the body. I know several babes that have come a little early, have had bumpy roads and are beating all expectations--and they're only 6 months old! many prayers

October 12, 2008 at 1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do think that positive energy helps, and they and you will be in my thoughts. I'll light a healing candle later today for them, and I wish you a safe journey to their sides.

October 12, 2008 at 5:13 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Congratulations to you and your family - a nephew, how wonderful! Sending good thoughts and prayers your way that he and Mom make a fast and full recovery.
Will look forward to photos and an update.

October 12, 2008 at 6:19 PM  
Blogger Eileen said...

Mother and child are certainly in my prayers. I hope that all are well and home soon.

October 12, 2008 at 7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One prayer already offered up over here, and thank you for letting us know so we could.

October 12, 2008 at 10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thoughts and prayers headed your and your brother/sister-in-law/nephew's direction. xo

October 12, 2008 at 10:46 PM  
Blogger cyndy said...

I'm glad that there is good news and that there is good medical care available to your family. Sending prayers and good thoughts to cover all.

Blessings on you for putting yourself where you will matter the most. Safe trip~

October 13, 2008 at 6:02 AM  
Blogger SueJ said...

All positive thoughts & things crossed.

October 13, 2008 at 1:38 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Lots of good thoughts heading your way.

October 14, 2008 at 8:27 AM  
Blogger Geek Knitter said...

You and your family will be in my heart.

October 14, 2008 at 10:41 AM  
Blogger Romi said...

OMG, Joanne. This is frightening. All of my good and healing thoughts are with you all. Really puts everything into perspective, doesn't it? Oy.

May everyone make a full recovery into excellent health. Congratulations on your new nephew!

October 16, 2008 at 11:34 AM  
Blogger weebug said...

thoughts and prayers are winging their way your direction.

October 19, 2008 at 2:17 PM  
Blogger vanessa said...

sendng prayers to your new little nephew, joanne.

October 19, 2008 at 7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home