Monday, August 18, 2008

our farm makes headlines!

Still knitting, stuck on second sleeve island here when it comes to my latest design, when I got this exciting news! The professor's family farm/vacation home made the news on a big blog. Here's a link to my sister-in-law's post about our family's favorite summer getaway.

Click here to read about the farm!

Whenever I think of running away, I think about moving to the farm. (more photos at that link) I am jealous of Ilana's proximity..she can get there in just about three hours' drive, ours is more like a two day drive! No worries though, we've already got the plane tickets for our October visit. I'm hoping to pick some apples...

3 Comments:

Blogger SueJ said...

Sounds fab! Is Lake Placid nearby? We nearly had a skiing holiday there but went to the west coast instead! Will it be more accesible from Canada? I know my geography but its hard to accept the reality of the distances you guys have to deal with. As long as the ferry times are OK I can be in the remotest parts of the UK well inside of 24 hours (maybe not Shetland?).... by car, not plane.

August 18, 2008 at 4:16 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Oh, Mrs. J...sadly,Winnipeg is much much farther away than we are already, in KY. I expect that we won't be dropping by the farm much in the next few years. Lake Placid is in the same state as the farm, which is about an hour north of Albany, in Argyle, NY. It's not right close by though. Yes, the UK is remarkably accessible compared to our country!

August 18, 2008 at 6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What gorgeous pictures. And okay, you know you've knitted a lot of Kaffe Fassett projects when you look at that balloon and translate it to two color-per-row ribbing in the sleeve, and...

August 19, 2008 at 3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home