Wednesday, May 28, 2008

You never can tell...

photo caption: Random thyme flower shot, has nothing to do with this post, but I cook with it all summer long!
Thanks for all your cheers about the new haircut. I'm still a little ambivalent about it, but I know my hair went to a good cause and I'm not sorry about that bit. To answer some questions--I've had all sorts of hair styles, from Annie Lennox cropped hair in high school all the way to the long locks that were chopped off last week. To answer Diane's question, I will probably grow it out to one length again, at least to my chin...much like the photo of Harry and me on this blog. This short style keeps getting in my eyes and will be expensive to maintain, since I've got some seriously fast growing hair!

While mentioning Diane...hey, have you checked out The Inside Loop lately? Diane is one of the lovely editors. One of their special skills is turning me into someone with a British "tone" to my writing. I write the article, and they translate it from Southern USA (little grit) to Received Standard English. (Brit) Amazing, really! Luckily, fiber (fibre) festivals are the same everywhere...

I was surprised to see not one person commented on my amazing sock blocker acquisition! I love finding antique or recycled stuff that is perfect for my purposes...and I've left the sock blockers out in my hallway so I can admire them several times a day. After two and a half years of writing the blog, I still find I never can tell what people will find provocative or interesting. Like, I bet nobody even checked out those videos I linked to last time. Anyone looking forward to "You Don't Mess with the Zohan" with Adam Sandler as much as I am? (no, I guess not!? really, check out that link to the trailer. It's hilarious.)

So, I guess the question is--when the post is amusing, do you comment on what interests you? Do you comment on the questions I ask at the end? Do you never comment? What are the bits you find most interesting? ( In the end, is it all about the hair cut? :)

Here's my own response--I think the fiber, garden, cooking and dog stuff is pretty fun, but sadly, I can't show you a lot of what I'm producing, knitwear wise, because of copyright--I'm usually selling it elsewhere. That's why I rely on visiting your blogs for those glimpses of yarn,knitting, and fiber photos!

What do you think? Hints are welcome.

8 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

Definitely not All about hair cut(though it is very cute!). It seems we in blogland are so hungry for spring and good weather and posing our lives in pictures around nature, we must include our gardens, sky, ponds, critters and all that is important to us and make us who we are! WHy do I comment? Because I can! Because the post touches me to communicate.

May 28, 2008 at 2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I comment on the rare occasions when I think I have something of interest to offer other readers or when (probably less rare) I just can't contain myself for whatever reason. ;-)

May 28, 2008 at 6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I confess - it's pure laziness. Because I read you in bloglines it's so many extra clicks to write a comment! (That is a sad sad excuse I know!)

I find everything interesting, particularly the fibrey (fibery) stuff and general life and customs :-)

May 29, 2008 at 2:29 AM  
Blogger SueJ said...

I loved the sock blockers! I wanted the sock blockers. I didn't want your haircut (cos I have done with the high upkeep style thing- I just have to invest to keep the colour acceptable!)but I just commented on your bold step with the sheers. Don't know why!

May 29, 2008 at 4:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sock blockers with those big holes look like what my husband's shoes look like when I finally pry them away from him and declare that favorites or no, BUY. NEW. SHOES, dude. Yes of course they're comfortable when there's nothing left to constrict your feet's freedom in any possible way left. BUY. NEW. SHOES.

May 30, 2008 at 6:41 PM  
Blogger Sarah Jean said...

I have never seen sock blockers before, but it sure is fun to say. Hee.

May 31, 2008 at 8:29 PM  
Blogger Karen Johnson said...

Regarding when I comment or not, I'm a very lazy lurker and I hate typing the word verification on blogger - like I said, lazy.

Still love the hair!

June 1, 2008 at 10:07 PM  
Blogger Erssie said...

I am chuckling at the idea of you being translated from USA to standard UK! As a pattern checker, I have now learned to write in both, and I have separate dictionaries in my Word docs to help me remember spellings and terms!

June 4, 2008 at 8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home