Friday, November 30, 2007

Oh, you guys!!!

You are terrific. Thank you for all those nice warm fuzzies!! Gosh knows I needed them. Still wondering over here if the antibiotic is working, frankly...but it sounds like Denise needs the warm fuzzies too. (no fancy links in this post, I'll explain in a minute.) Please check out the comments in the last post and send your love over Denise's way as well!!

I've been tagged to do a meme but that will have to wait because...

OK. I'm in the Philly airport on the way to New England. This is a fun trip to see my friend and her family and not a work trip, but to go on a plane trip from our house, we have to send the dogs to dog jail. (check) Actually, they went to a doggy daycare place which is expensive but more fun.

Then, we woke up at 5 AM, so we could get to the airport in Nashville on time. (70 + miles away.) The professor went off towards Texas to do field research. I went towards the East Coast. Here I am in the Philly airport, in a rocking chair and my bottom is going numb, I'm not giving up this thing until I'm ready to get on the plane... and there's a karyoke concert happening right near here. (No, I was not expecting that when I paid up to check my work email....)

Anyway, it's gotten so that maybe the travelling part of trips are really like "work" for me. So, what did I do while riding in the car, and on the first plane? I knit ALL of a women's size large mitten (for my sister-in-law) except the thumb. Worsted weight yarn, ancient Penny Straker pattern, and whoa. It was fast. The knitting (and doing book email)....I can't seem to get away from it!! I guess it's time to start mitten two...speed demon knitter. I think the double pointed needles keep the creepy airport guys away. Whaddya think?

The music is actually kind of good. Oh, and I just saw a little yappy dog in a carrier going by. Makes me double glad for my dogs AND that they are not going with me. 40 lbs X 2 in a carrier bag sounds like rough carry on luggage, even for me. More the next time I have access to the net. (rural Vermont is a high speed internet wasteland, I hear...!)
PS: There is lovely hot tea at this airport. A definite plus. The teminal gates and seats need a little work, but the tea. Ohhh. It's so restorative after 9? hours of travelling, so far. Have I said thank you for your kindness in that last post???

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you're feeling better, especially since you're traveling! If you have a chance to stop in western Massachusetts while en route home, I hope you'll consider visiting Northern Woolies in Greenfield and Webs in Northampton (not festivals like NYSWF, but smaller fests in their own right!).
--Lisa

November 30, 2007 at 10:58 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Thank you, Lisa! It turns out I have a connection (sometimes) but alas, I won't be anywhere near MA during this trip. I'm sad about that, I'd love to go to Webs, etc., but I'm at the mercy of my lovely hosts this time!

December 1, 2007 at 9:48 AM  
Blogger SueJ said...

The US is such a big place (yes, you can tell I have a degree in Geography!!!!!!!!) I was wondering if I could manage to drive to North Wales & back in a day earlier this week -its 3 hours each way! Hope you have a good trip & it helps the antibiotics do there job! Is it winter in Vermont yet? If so, I wish I was there too!

December 1, 2007 at 1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hope you are feeling better soon! gotta love hot tea for comfort on long trips. sending hugs your direction.

December 2, 2007 at 8:47 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

Hey, Joanne, I hope your trip goes well and that you're feeling better!

Thanks for the kind thoughts!

December 2, 2007 at 9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home