Tuesday, September 04, 2007

scarf cowl, bug finger puppets and more

Doug the Dragonfly and his bug finger puppet friends, Manny the Mosquito, Buck the Butterfly, Luna Moth, Carl the Caterpillar and Lacey the Ladybug are all available for sale as a pdf downloadable knitting pattern here!

The scarf cowl is now online again, for free, here:

Back to our regularly scheduled program: knitting and other fibery stuff. (Hey, a yarn spinner tells stories of all kinds, right?) Here's the Ribby Shell, all completed:

This is my favorite part...the ribbing which seems very flattering! What, you want to see the whole thing? Here it is. I did the flat paneled version of the pattern, so as not to wear overly clinging knitting. I also lack the expression of that model in the pattern photo but hey, there are some things I just can't knit!

I'm not thrilled with this photo of myself. I was uhh, gently glowing and by myself, so it's the best photo I've got. I liked this top so much that it's already been worn and is being washed. I have started to knit this all over again in more stash yarn. Repetition can be soothing, and I love producing something likely to be dang useful even in hot weather.
The specs: Chic Knit's Ribby Shell, knit with a Greek cotton yarn that seems a lot like Tahki Cotton Classic (purchased in Crete with a Greek label, so who knows) on #3 and 4's. It took about 3 weeks, but I was knitting other things too. The next version of this tank will use both that cotton and some bamboo yarn I have around. I'm also beginning to think about knitting with wool again. It will get cool. Someday.
Ehh, what about designing, you ask? I did 5 book projects this summer. I am on a break.

8 Comments:

Blogger Peggy said...

I had to have those adorable buggies!!! I love the Ribby Shell. And yes, I do think the ribbing is flattering. But, hey, you look great, even in this heat!!!! I don't want to hear about yarn you got in Crete. Makes me want to travel. :)

September 4, 2007 at 5:58 PM  
Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

Ohh I love the picture of you Joanne! You look beautiful. I might have to make a ribby tank!!
I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to you. I got your note! The stealth green project with the dots is wonderful!! When you posted your swatches that was the one that really intrigued me. I'm glad I got a preview!!

September 4, 2007 at 6:58 PM  
Blogger Katie K said...

Thanks for the cowl pattern. I happen to have the same yarn left over from my Mystery Stole. BTW, a lot of the buttons on your pattern page don't work, at least not in Safari.

September 4, 2007 at 9:02 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

I think that's a great picture of you! The ribby top fits perfectly, and it is very flattering.

The wee creatures are pretty cute too!

September 4, 2007 at 9:25 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments! Katie, I will check it out...links change pretty frequently and it's hard to keep them all current.

September 5, 2007 at 7:23 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

The Ribby Shell looks wonderful, as do you (the gentle glow just makes you look healthy :-) But it's too cool here for v-necks!

September 5, 2007 at 8:10 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Oooh, I really like the Ribby Tank - and it looks terrific on you! Certainy worth a second version.

September 5, 2007 at 4:27 PM  
Blogger annmarie said...

don't you look cute in that! :)

September 6, 2007 at 9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home