Wednesday, May 16, 2007

MeMe

caption: What me? In the spotlight?

Rosemary tagged me, so here it is:

Each person tagged gives 7 random facts about themselves. Those tagged need to write in their blogs 7 facts, as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag seven others and list their names on your blog. You have to leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and need to read your blog. The facts:
1)I played sax and sang in the Cornell University jazz big band for all four years of college. I don't make music much now and I miss it.
2)I learned to drive as a teenager in 1989 on a '67 Barracuda that my parents bought new. It was 17 feet long and didn't have power steering...and yes, I parallel parked it.
3)I was born with kidney birth defects and had three surgeries by the time I was five. Thanks to our family friend and pediatrician (thanks, Uncle Bill!) and a very smart, cutting-edge urologist, I'm here today.
4)I love to cook. The professor calls me an "inspired improviser." I take recipes under advisement and read cookbooks for fun.
5)I grew up in Falls Church, Virginia, just outside of Washington, D.C. and spent a lot of time in DC while growing up. I didn't understand why that was a big deal until I moved away from the nation's capitol and learned that in other places, museums aren't free and people don't like to talk politics.
6)I don't watch much TV. That said, Gilmore Girls was my favorite TV show and I'm so sad it's going off the air!
7)I value longterm friendships and relationships--I work hard to keep up with friends long distance and I love hearing from students I've taught.
Cory, Amanda, Sarah, Peggy, Barb, Marti and Terri, you're tagged, but if you don't feel like doing this MeMe, I'll understand!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stinker. Now I have something to do at lunch besides eat!

May 17, 2007 at 10:29 AM  
Blogger Romi said...

Thanks for playing! :)

May 17, 2007 at 12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home