Tuesday, January 16, 2007

shhh! squirrel....


Things have been quiet around here. So quiet. The professor is off chasing (ahem,hmmm) collecting butterflies for the week in the Florida Keys. He'll be back in a day or two. My last planned social interaction was on Friday. Yes, I've been alone with two dogs for way too many days. I did go out for a meal at a local cafe and I've been in a shop or two. I even got my driver's license renewed, which took all of 15 minutes. (Hey, stop that grumbling. I live in a small town. Next time you visit a patisserie for a fabulous piece of pastry or buy upscale cheese, etc. --think of me. I'd gladly exchange a wait in a line or two and a little traffic and skip the overnight shipping fees...that's desperation, when you have the fancy cheese shipped to you.)

I've been writing patterns and a pitch for an article or two, but even work's been very quiet. I've read a pile of books this week, and watched an entire DVD mini series while knitting. Hint for other bored folks without friends out there: The Far Pavilions is a better book than movie, even though it has Amy Irving in it. I Love Huckabees was a pretty funny social commentary, complete with nihilism and hints of Islamic philosophy. Very existential. Worth borrowing from the library while knitting.

I started off with a photo of a squirrel that I took from my office window. I think this is the only squirrel my dogs haven't treed this week. They are barking, hysterical squirrel loving fools. I'm afraid that I'm barking instead of talking at this point. I understand the squirrel attraction, and I'm absolutely enjoying the daily walks. I think it might be time for some human interaction. Please, leave a comment. Keep me company!
Caption: (Yes, these are my housemates.) Hey baby squirrel, want to come over here?

7 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

Hello lady!

It's a fine line between quiet time and too much quiet time, eh?

I have yarn soaking and am hoping to Do and Dye tonight!

January 16, 2007 at 6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Joanne: If it helps, I've spent the past week clocking looooooong days editing research reports to APA style (I'm a Chicago type). I did get one round knitted on my sweater this morning. One round a day keeps insanity at bay. Right? I'm way behind on blog-reading, even farther behind on posting. Have taken the photos. Hope to have time soon to do something with them.

January 16, 2007 at 6:55 PM  
Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

I know what it is like. I taught myself to knit because my hubby travelled so much and I had no family close. What would we do without knitting!?! I wonder what other people do...

January 17, 2007 at 4:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahh, they look so proud of themselves, protecting mommy from squirrel infestation! i am going to felt my clogs tonight, wish me luck!

January 17, 2007 at 2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did you get both Harry and Sally to lick their chops at the same time? Are they tasting the squirrel?

I've been snowbound for way too long. Even though I work from home and spend a lot of time on the phone, even I was craving the site of a human taller than I!

Jen

January 17, 2007 at 5:35 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

Waaah. I wrote a long comment explaining why I'd not been around (my RSS feed failed me), and Blogger ate it.

Life's like that sometimes...

I'm glad you're well, and that the dogs are enjoying squirrels!

January 20, 2007 at 10:17 AM  
Blogger June said...

Oh, Joanne, I surely do understand. I think it's cabin fever or something like that! Our two canine friends are making us crazy, asking to go out in the rain. Translation to mud when them come in!

January 21, 2007 at 9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home