Friday, January 05, 2007

the b-day snuffle

The good news is that the utility dudes on the street did leave by noon. Bad news? By then, the whole house jackhammer vibrated enough to cause poor Sally the dog to throw up. The professor husband convinced me to meet him at a nearby restaurant for lunch after I dealt with that mess, poor doggie. I did finish the article, but wooeee, the girls' nerves here were shot to ribbons! (Harry slept through the whole thing. Whatever, dudes....)

Today, I'm celebrating my birthday. Hurray! It's fun! Here's a birthday montage for you:

I am making my own ooey gooey chocolate cake. Here it is, cooling. I propped up the recipe nearby so you'd know what the brown blob there was.


My parents and Grandma sent me this basically fabulous silver butterfly hair clip. Not only is it gorgeous and a butterfly shape (married to a butterfly geneticist, get it?!) but it mostly copes with my big hair. Since it is 66 Fahrenheit and drizzly right now, I've got the big hair. It's January 5th, for heaven's sakes! I'm missing frost! and snow! Give a girl's asthma snuffles a rest...that's right, this is the only b-day image of me you're seeing today. Hair doesn't have sniffles and a cough. Dang virus. Dang mold allergies. Dang heat wave.

OK, ok, I'm focusing on the presents. Neat present close up shot...

Finally, I am beginning to spin up that silk I dyed up a little while back. I'm using my antique Canadian Production Wheel, and I'm trying to spin very fine. It's not incredibly even, and well, the photos do not match my friends' gorgeous bobbins of silk. However, the colors? They sure are kool-aid cheery. Maybe next time I'll go for the more sedate dyes. You know, now that I'm older...and more mature. (snort!)

2 Comments:

Blogger June said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Joanne! The silk looks great to me :)

June

January 6, 2007 at 9:50 AM  
Blogger Rémy said...

I understand your frustration with the weather. It has pretty much been rainy and gross here in Syracuse for the last three months but last weekend was really pretty, someone said that their flowers started to bloom. I don't know. It is prolly going to be snowing in May and that will NOT make me happy. Besides, think of all the wonderful icebergs and the huge chunks of Greenland that are falling victim to this weather. It's not ALL that bad but considering that NYC is on its way to sinking below the Atlantic Ocean, not so good. Anyways I'll stop my rant now, if you want to hear all of this you can rent Al Gore's new documentary.

January 9, 2007 at 8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home