Sunday, February 26, 2006

Finally finished!

I think I've been working on this sweater since at least September of 2004. That's a long time! This is from Jo Sharp's book Knitting Bazaar and is called Georgia. I never could get the right gauge for this sweater, so I ended up redesigning it to match my gauge. I did email the Jo Sharp folks and they seemed to indicate it was my weird knitting. Only later did I find out that Jo Sharp DK was so popular for a while that they couldn't keep up, so they may have switched mills or they had more than one mill at a time producing it. Hence, my yarn could have been thicker or thinner than the yarn they worked with, and would never have knitted to the appropriate gauge. Honestly, I wonder if anyone else knitted this sweater! Anyhow, it is finished, thanks to the Yarn Harlot's Knitting Olympics. I didn't compete, I wasn't competitive, but I did find it motivating and finished this sweater... finally. I think I'll wear it a lot. The sweater's better than the photo, really! Here it is:

8 Comments:

Blogger jenknits said...

I love the way it fits! You look so great! And that sure is a pretty color in the background ;-)

February 26, 2006 at 1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!! I'm clicking my knitting needles for you! That's a great sweater - that's the one you'll be pulling out on the first brisk day in the fall!

February 26, 2006 at 4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sweater looks great (and great on you!).
Denise

February 26, 2006 at 4:44 PM  
Blogger Vicki said...

Yeah! it's done and it looks great!

February 26, 2006 at 6:03 PM  
Blogger vanessa said...

lovely sweater and congrats on the interview :-)

February 26, 2006 at 6:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Looks great, Joanne! I love that pattern. I have had trouble getting the Jo Sharp DK to knit to gauge as well, so you're not alone. They seem to want you to knit VERY tightly, which kind of works against the nice springyness of the yarn.

February 26, 2006 at 8:22 PM  
Blogger CatonsvilleCats said...

That looks very comfy. Finishing is good.

I often knit things and wonder if anyone else ever has, given the -er - challenges in the pattern.

February 27, 2006 at 7:08 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

Woohoo!

February 28, 2006 at 6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home